Our Learning Council
Do you love learning?
Are you keen to make a difference?
Do you share our ambition to make Catshill First School & Nursery the best it can possibly be?
The Catshill First School & Nursery Learning Council needs you!
At Catshill First School & Nursery, we want to make sure every learner achieves their best: personally, emotionally, socially and academically. In order to understand how well we are doing and continue to improve, we aim to find out what it really means to be at learner at Catshill First School & Nursery. We measure our effectiveness through the eyes of our children and actively seek and listen to their views. Equally, we know it is important the children understand and share our priorities for improvement and how they can learn with, from and for each other to help make Catshill First School & Nursery the best it can be.
What will the Learning Council do?
The Learning Council will advise the Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team and teaching staff on how to:
- Make sure learning is purposeful and relevant
- Make sure lessons are interactive and interesting
- Help shape and support new school projects which will have a positive impact on behaviour for learning and enjoyment of learning
The Learning Council will:
- Carry out surveys with pupils about learning
- Visit other classes and learning across the school
- Look at examples of children’s work
- Review the school’s curriculum aims and teaching and learning policies
- Make recommendations to SLT and teachers.