Welcome to our Well-being page. We hope it will be a place to reflect and be mindful with your children. The aim of the page is to share a range of ways in which you can support your child’s mental health and well-being during this time of uncertainty. Children’s mental and physical health are the most important things to cherish and nurture right now; we hope that this page can help you to do that. Talking about feelings and answering questions is the best way to help children to understand what is going on, so feel free to re-visit this page as often as you need to.
Read this fabulous Social Story for children which explains Corona Virus: social story about coronavirus
A story for older children: How to NOT go to School by Mr Forde
Mindful breathing techniques
These are some of the breathing techniques that have been taught in school, prior to our school closure. These techniques are aimed at providing the children with some time to focus and calm if they are feeling upset, worried, angry etc…
*NEW THIS WEEK (30th April)* – During the month of May, we have found a brilliant way to be mindful. Try this May Mindfulness Calendar which you can download to keep. Each day has a new, mindful activity for you to try. Give it a go and send any home learning in for us to share with our friends.
Music and Radio for the mind:
We find that listening to some music, such as the following can bring a sense of calm and happiness:
– Miss Jones recommends taking a look at this group of musicians called ‘The Piano Guys’. They do mix-ups of different songs and play them in a range of ways. The videos are always good fun to watch as well!
Try these YouTube links for calm and peaceful music:
Here are links to songs we use to celebrate and remember our school values:
Here are a selection of activities for you to do at home to keep your mind and body active and healthy:
- Cosmic Kids have a huge selection of yoga-based story-telling videos. Click here.
- Five minutes of dancing fun with 5-a-day TV. Click here.
- Discover our world with the National Geographic.
- Fun body percussion music sessions. Click here.
Here is a colouring page created by Leanne that you can print and colour together at home.