Transition at Catshill First School and Nursery
We understand that transition can be a tricky time for children and their families. We know that this year this may be particularly challenging. We have created these pages to try and support your child/children as they prepare for the transition to their new classes in September 2020. Please keep an eye on individual class pages as they will give more specific information for you and your child/children about their class from their teachers.
Classes in September
Although we don’t yet know what the situation will be in September, we have made plans for which teachers the children will have. Some classes will be staying with their same teacher (this is known as looping) and will support some continuity within the school.
Transition Resources that my help your Children can be found below
The Speech and Language Therapy Service have been very busy making some wonderful visuals and tasks to support transition:
- My School Clothes – a task to help children who are new to the school to know what they will be wearing
- My Lunchbox – an activity that will help your child plan with you what their packed lunch might include
- My New School Hunt – for children who are new to our school here is a set of things to look out for in school
- Transition Questions – These may be some of the questions your children might wonder about prior to their return.
- Who? Where? When? What? questions to help prepare your child for transition into school in September
The advice below is taken from an American source. It is relevant to our children because they need to be able to open lunch box items independently, especially at the present time. Please consider packaging and encourage your child to practise with you. Thank you.