SUPPORT FOR PUPILS WITH SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS
Welcome to the Special Educational Needs section of our website. We hope that you find some of the information on this page useful.
However should you have any other concerns or queries please speak to the your child’s class teacher or the school SENCo Mrs Ludlow, who will be happy to help.
This page is being developed – keep your eye out out for more useful links
Speech and Language
Worcestershire Speech and Language Therapists have a wealth of resources to help at home and school.
NEW!! – The Speech and Language Therapy Service have been very busy making some wonderful visuals and tasks to support transition:
- My School Clothes – a task to help children who are new to the school to know what they will be wearing
- My Lunchbox – an activity that will help your child plan with you what their packed lunch might include
- My New School Hunt – for children who are new to our school here is a set of things to look out for in school
- Transition Questions – These may be some of the questions your children might wonder about prior to their return.
- Who? Where? When? What? questions to help prepare your child for transition into school in September
Here are some resources created by Worcestershire speech to help you to deal with children’s worries about coronavirus.
- New – See the supporting anxious children page and the video to help you support your child/children who are anxious about current events.
- Getting the balance right – talking to your child about coronavirus
- Big world, my world – helping your child understand the world and things they can and can’t control.
- Sociable social distancing – ways of being ‘social’ when social distancing.
Learning at home
Here are some resources created by Worcestershire Speech and Language to help with learning from home.
- New – Concept walk
- New – Syllable search
- New – Walk by numbers
- rainbow walk
- Everyday activities that count as learning
- Super Hero Challenges
- Unplugged games
New – Chadsgrove support services are offering parents a free webinar on dyslexia@home
Please click here to find out more information about the webinar and how to register.
Worcester County Council
SEND Local Offer
Information and advice for children and young adults with disabilities and learning needs. The Local Offer provides information about provision families can expect to be available across education, health and social care for children and young people who have Special Educational Need (SEN) or are disabled, including those who do not have Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans.
You can find out about resources, services, support, activities and events here.